Marco has been a goldsmith at Steinlin for over 7 years.
In addition to working in the studio, Marco writes blogs for the LILLY CLOU homepage and enjoys spending his free time in nature with friends - both fishing on the water and with a shovel and hoe in his garden.
- lovingly cooked, pleasantly seasoned and generously portioned.
What qualities do your friends value most in you?
- I'm up for fun with everyone and love working on different projects together.
What makes the Koi collection so special for you?
- The interplay of classic jewelry shapes and the characteristic pattern. This combination fascinates me, probably not least as a passionate recreational angler.
What is your favorite piece at LILLY CLOU?
- About me? Then clearly the new Koi signet ring.
- Of all the variety of LILLY CLOU pieces of jewelry, it would be the Queen Bee ring from the women's collection. I'm a big fan of signet rings - both for him and for her.
Your life motto?
- When life gives you lemons, ask for salt and tequila
Summer, fall, winter or spring?
- Difficult! I like every single season precisely because of the variety. However, summer is almost a bit ahead, except this year...
What always fascinates you about your job?
- Absurdly, still working with precious metals. Melting and processing gold and silver doesn't seem to lose its appeal for me, even after years.
Ring, bracelet or earring?
Gin and tonic or tea?
- Come on! Gin and Tonic!
Do you still remember your first piece of jewelry at Steinlin?
- Actually very good. I had a trial day at Steinlin and was able to demonstrate my skills. Of course I was a bit nervous.
Your favorite lunch spot?
- The SO pizzeria on Langstrasse. Fantastic pizza and a huge variety thanks to its great concept.
Where is your favorite place in Zurich?
- The deck chair under the cherry tree in our allotment garden. From the Uetliberg slope you can marvel at the entire city including the lake.
Interview by Bigna Neuenschwander